A Boards, Trade Displays and Pavement Cafe Permits
In order to place any of the following items on the public highways it’s necessary to a have a valid licence.
- trade displays - items such as cut flowers, fruit and vegetables, clothing or other wares
- pavement cafes - areas for consumption of food and drink, usually consisting of tables and chairs
- self-standing 'A' board type signs - boards for advertising goods and services offered by the business
To apply please download the relevant application form:
Before completing your form please read our application policy.
Charges from 1 April 2017
- trade displays £225 for a maximum 8m2, £28 per m2 thereafter
- pavement cafes - £28 per m2, with a minimum charge of £225
- 'A' boards - £174