Temporary road closure
It is sometimes necessary to temporarily restrict the movement of traffic or impose waiting restrictions on the public highway.
A Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO), which is arranged by the Council, is most commonly used to do this.
TTRO’s are used close roads for temporary situations such as roadworks, but can also be used to ban a turning movement or remove parking. In addition, it can be used to temporarily suspend an existing restriction such as suspending a no-entry or to enable an event to take place.
Only applications in relation to works on the public highway will be considered.
Who can apply for a TTRO?
- Solihull Council and Statutory Undertakers – Gas, Water, Electricity etc can apply to close a road to carry out essential works on their apparatus.
- Builders and associated trades for maintenance and repairs – It is recommended that you employ a suitable company to undertake the road closure on your behalf.
- Event organisers – You can access further information on closing the highway due to an event or street party
Please note: Road closures are considered to be a last resort and will only be granted following a complete application and justification for closing a road.
How to apply for a TTRO?
To apply you will need to complete the forms below. A minimum of 3 months Notice of a closure is required.
The costs involved with making the Order as well as any necessary signing is met by the person or organisation requesting the Order. The following fee’s apply from 1st April 2017:
- For an emergency closure £550 (0% VAT)
- For a planned road closure £1625 (0% VAT)
Before making your request please ensure that you have read the following guidance notes.
Once you have done so, please fully complete the form below and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Please note your application will not be progressed until the application fee has been submitted.
Closing the highway due to an event or street party
Groups or organisations who wish to hold an event on the highway can request that a road is closed. To apply please fully complete the form below and submit it to email@example.com:
Event on the public highway