Balsall Common Library
283 Kenilworth Road
Telephone: 01676 532590
Monday and Thursday 10.00am to 6.00pm
Tuesday 10.00am to 5.00pm
Wednesday - Closed
Fridays 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Saturday 10.00am to 4.00pm
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1 for half an hour, or £2 for an hour
- audio books and DVDs
- Black and white/colour photocopying and scanning facilities available
- you can view an access guide for Balsall Common library at DisabledGo
Family Spring Craft Workshop
Monday 20 February, 10.30am - 11.30am
Have a go at some fun, spring themed crafts this February Half Term.
This workshop is delivered by Pop Up Communities and a small charge applies. Children must be accompanied by an adult and places should be booked.
For more information please contact the library on 01676 532590. To book a place text 07709289762.
Saturday 25 February, 11.00am -12.30pm
Meet with friends, borrow books and play board games. This month’s games are Zombies! and Dark Stories. Suitable for ages 11+. No need to book, just turn up.
- Coffee Morning - first Thursday of each month, 10.30am to midday. Come and join us for coffee and a chat. All welcome
- Readers Circle - Takes place monthly 10.15am to 11.30am. The next meeting will be on Thursday 9 February, this month we will be discussing I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai. Please contact the library for details. Everyone welcome
- Family History Support Group - Usually on the third Thursday of each month, 1.15pm to 3.00pm, with exclusive use of library PCs for research from 3.00pm to 4.00pm. An informal group of library members meeting to discuss and help each other with their family history research. New members always welcome
- Striders and Strollers - A walking group led by a trained walk leader. Walks last an hour, starting at the library every other Tuesday at 10.15am. Everyone welcome
- Pop-Up Communities - Every Friday 2.00pm. Come along for a drink, a biscuit, and a chat
- Tales and Time to Play - Every Monday, 2.15pm to 3.00pm. Our new session begins with a story, and then offers the chance for young families to play, sing, chat and relax. Toys and musical instruments are provided. Suitable for pre-school children
- Rhyme Time - Baby Rhymes and Songs suitable for 0 to 2 year olds, every Tuesday at 2.15pm
- Talented Teens - Once a month, Saturdays 11.00am to 12.30pm. Meet with friends, borrow books, and play board games. For age 11+. Please contact the library for details