Castle Bromwich Library
New support for basic computer skills from Solihull Libraries
To help you on your journey to work, education or training
Are you job searching and find that you need to gain basic computer skills to help you?
Solihull Libraries are now offering free training using the Learn My Way website with staff to guide you.
It doesn’t matter how much you know already, Learn My Way can guide you in skills such as using search engines, internet safety, online forms, finding a job online and managing your money online.
After improving your digital skills with Learn My Way, you can then work with Solihull Council’s Employment and Skills team who can offer you individual support to find employment or training, including help to create a brilliant CV, applying for jobs and preparing for interviews.
This is part of the Employed for Success programme which supports Solihull residents who are unemployed to improve their confidence, gain new skills and move into work or education. Employed for Success is funded by the European Social Fund.
Sessions are now running at libraries in Chelmsley Wood, Castle Bromwich, Kingshurst, Shirley, Hobs Moat and Solihull; contact them or your local library for more information.
Hurst Lane North
Telephone: 0121 747 3708
Monday and Thursday 10.00am to 5.00pm
Tuesday and Friday 10.00 to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Wednesday - Closed
Saturday 10.00am to 1.00pm
- parking is available at the front of the library
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1.25 for half an hour, or £2.50 for an hour
- audio books
- DVDs for children
- Black and white/colour photocopying, and scanning facilities available
- you can view an access guide for Castle Bromwich Library at AccessAble
- Free computer training - free courses using the LearnMyWay website, please ask staff for more information in the library or by ringing 0121 747 3708
- Rhyme time - every Monday alternating between a morning (10.45am-11.05am) or afternoon (2.30pm-2.50 pm) session. A short interactive session for babies and very young children (0-2) which includes finger & action rhymes and songs. Also a chance to meet other mums and carers. Please contact the library for dates and details
- Local Councillors Advice Surgeries - held on the first Saturday in the month 10.00am to midday
- Striders and Strollers - once a fortnight on Mondays, starting at 10.15am. Join our friendly group for a gentle stroll, which lasts about an hour, led by a Volunteer walk leader. Please contact the library for details
- Health Trainers - would you like to eat healthier? Stop smoking? Increase your physical activity? Our health trainer is available for drop in sessions at the library. To make an appointment please call 0800 1583535
- Family History Group - meets the first Tuesday in the month 2.00pm - 4.00pm. This self-run group is likely to be of most help if you’ve already started to research your family tree and got stuck, or want the encouragement of a group to maintain your motivation. Please note that it’s not suitable for complete beginners requiring tuition or needing general support in using computers.
- Story Time - come along with your pre-school child to enjoy stories, rhymes and the percussion instruments. Two Tuesdays per month, 2.15-2.45pm, on the following dates:
- 12 March, 26 March, 9 April, 30 April, 14 May