Castle Bromwich Library
Hurst Lane North
Telephone: 0121 747 3708
Monday and Thursday 10.00am to 5.00pm
Tuesday and Friday 10.00 to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Wednesday - Closed
Saturday 10.00am to 1.00pm
- parking is available at the front of the library
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1 for half an hour, or £2 for an hour
- audio books
- DVDs for children
- Black and white/colour photocopying, and scanning facilities available
- you can view an access guide for Castle Bromwich Library at DisabledGo
Library Health Week
We’re getting ready for a healthy 2017 with our Library Health Week from Monday 20 February to Friday 24 February 2017.
We will also be having a visit from Mary Heath a local author and successful stress management consultant who will be sharing her new approaches to defeating stress, anxiety and depression.
For further information and to book the Seated Exercise Class or Health checks please contact the library 0121 747 3708.
- Free computer training - free courses using the LearnMyWay website, please ask staff for more information in the library or by ringing 0121 747 3708
- Reading Café - the last Friday of the month, 10.30am to midday. Have a chat over coffee (or tea) about any books you have read recently and perhaps be inspired to try some new authors. Free to attend and everyone is welcome
- Storytime for Pre-School Children - Fridays 2.15pm to 2.45pm, term time only
- Rhyme time - every Monday alternating between a morning (10.45am-11.05am) or afternoon (2.30pm-2.50 pm) session. A short interactive session for babies and very young children (0-2) which includes finger & action rhymes and songs. Also a chance to meet other mums and carers. Please contact the library for dates and details
- Local Councillors Advice Surgeries - held on the first Saturday in the month 10.00am to midday
- Striders and Strollers - once a fortnight on Mondays, starting at 10.15am. Join our friendly group for a gentle stroll, which lasts about an hour, led by a Volunteer walk leader. Please contact the library for details
- Health Trainers - Would you like to eat healthier? Stop smoking? Increase your physical activity? To make an appointment please call 0800 015 3265
- Family History Group - meets the first Tuesday in the month 2.00pm - 4.00pm. This self-run group is likely to be of most help if you’ve already started to research your family tree and got stuck, or want the encouragement of a group to maintain your motivation. Please note that it’s not suitable for complete beginners requiring tuition or needing general support in using computers.