Shirley Library is modern, vibrant, and offers a range of services under one roof, supporting learning, reading and digital experiences for the whole community.
How to find us
The library is located at:
Telephone: 0121 704 6300
- Monday 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Tuesday 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Wednesday 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Thursday 9.30am - 7.00pm
- Friday 9.30am - 5.00pm
- Saturday 9.30am - 5.00pm
Solihull Connect advisors are available Monday to Friday until 5.00pm.
There are 500+ car park spaces accessed from Haslucks Green Road.
Parking is free for the first 3 hours.
- information and advice about Council services via a Solihull Connect walk-in service (no cash payments for Connect services)
- an exciting Children’s Zone to capture young people’s imagination and provide space for families to spend time together
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1 for half an hour, or £2 for an hour
- ICT Tuition and Family History Courses
- improved opening hours for the library - opening all day on Wednesdays, so six days per week
- community meeting rooms
- study facilities
- Relaxation Zone for browsing and reading
- public toilet facility with disabled access/baby changing facility
- DVDs and audio books
- Black and white/colour photocopying, scanning and fax facilities available
- Readers Circle - 2nd Monday of the month, 2.00pm - 3.00pm
- Library Poetry Group - 1st Thursday of the month, 10.30am - 12.00pm
- Creative Writing Group - 1st Friday of the month, 11.00am - 12.00pm
- Storytime - monthly on the first Tuesday and first Friday of the month, 2.00pm - 2.30pm
- Rhyme Time for babies and toddlers - Tuesdays 10.00am - 10.30am, Wednesdays 2.00pm - 2.30pm and Saturdays 11.00am to 11.30am (term time only)
- Striders and Strollers - alternate Fridays, meet at 10.30am (please ask at the library for dates)
- Recom - IT help for jobseekers, Mondays, 2.30pm - 5.30pm
- Children’s Code Club - Every Monday night, during term time from 5.30pm to 6.30pm. Code Club runs as a 6 week course for children 9-11 years old. Booking is essential as there is a maximum of 8 children per course. In each session children will use various coding websites (depending on their level of coding) to make their own cool computer games, animations and websites. All children will receive a certificate at the end of each completed course! We currently run courses in Scratch 1 & 2 and HTML 1 & 2, so lots of room for progression! Limited places are available so please either speak to a member of staff at Shirley Library or call us on 0121 704 6300 for more information or to get a spot on the waiting list!
- Knit and Natter - 2nd Thursday of the month, 2.00pm to 4.00pm. All welcome