Apply for a Blue Badge Parking Permit
Disabled parking badges are issued to people who have a permanent and substantial physical disability which significantly affects their mobility.
Can I get a Blue Badge?
Before you apply we advise you to read:
The leaflet provides a handy guide about medical conditions that are covered by the Blue Badge scheme.
Apply or renew
The easiest and most convenient way to apply for or renew a Blue Badge is to do so online.
Apply at Gov.UK
Once completed your online application will be securely sent to Solihull Connect.
If you have any questions please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 704 6000.
Other ways to apply
If you're unable to apply online you can:
Pay for a Blue Badge
You can pay the £10 fee for a Blue Badge online.
You should only pay at this stage if you:
- receive the Higher Rate of the Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance
- receive a Personal Independence Payment for being unable to walk further than 50 metres (a score of 8 points or more under the ‘moving around’ activity of the mobility component)
- are severely sight impaired (blind)
- receive a War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement; or
- receive a qualifying award under the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme
If you do not meet the above criteria your £10 fee will only be required after your application has been approved.
What if my Blue Badge is lost or stolen?
If your Blue Badge is lost or stolen please contact us on 0121 704 6000.
If your Blue Badge has been stolen you must also contact the police to obtain a crime reference number on 101.
There is a £10 re-application cost for lost or stolen Blue Badges