If you need help putting your bins, purple sacks or containers out to be collected, you can apply for an assisted collection.
- you must be physically unable to put your containers out due to old age or disability
- there must be no other members of your household who can help with your containers
- you will need to put your containers at the front of your property so that they are visible and accessible for the collection staff
How to apply
You can request assistance online.
If you meet the criteria, you will receive an assisted collection for your next collection (as long as there is five working days notice).
Your bins or purple sacks and recycling containers will be collected from and returned to the front of your property; they must be accessible and visible from the road.
I no longer need an assisted collection
Please telephone 0121 704 8000 and we will remove your address from the collection list.
- assisted collections are reviewed regularly renewal applications will be sent to you
- the service may stop if the criteria of the renewal application are not met
- if we do not receive your application we will automatically remove your address from the assisted collection list