Unauthorised encampment - Hillfield Park, Brick Kiln Lane entrance

Read the latest update on unauthorised encampments - Hillfield park

Clinical waste collections

We do not operate a clinical waste collection service. However we can collect waste which could be seen as unpleasant or medical but is classified as ‘household waste’ by the Environment Agency, rather than clinical.

The following items can be disposed of within your household waste container:

  • nappies
  • sanitary items
  • incontinence pads
  • stoma or catheter bags
  • medical dressings
  • ‘peg’/stomach feeding items
  • home dialysis kits

When disposing of the items please ensure they are double bagged either in black bags or similar.

If your wheelie bin isn’t large enough or you don’t have enough purple sacks you can request:

We cannot collect

You should contact your GP or healthcare professional to arrange for collection of your clinical waste. This could be:

  • syringes
  • needles
  • pharmaceuticals or drugs, including vials
  • medical specimens or instruments
  • cytotoxic waste (from specific cancer treatments)
  • highly contagious or infectious materials
  • radioactive waste

Discarded sharps

We can remove discarded sharp objects, such as needles or syringes, from council land.

Report it online

Live Chat

graphic which links to our Live Chat service


Is this information helpful?

Tell us how we can improve this page

Contact us

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.
If you continue to use the site, we'll assume you are happy to receive all cookies. For details, please see our privacy policy.