Replacement bins and containers
Split brown recycling bins
Some of our brown recycling bins are splitting and becoming unusable. If your brown bin has split we will deliver a replacement free of charge and collect your damaged bin.
Replacing bins and containers is a significant on-going cost so please ensure you look after your containers, keep them in a safe place and put your house name and number them.
If you live in a flat and have shared bins please visit our flats recycling page.
Cost of new / replacements bins and containers
You will receive your replacement containers free of charge if:
- you have moved into a new home and there are no current bins
- this is your first replacement within 24 months
If you don't meet the above criteria there will be a replacement fee:
- green wheelie bin - £31.50
- brown wheelie bin - £31.50
- recycling box - £4.00
- 140 litre black wheelie bin - £23.50
- 240 litre black wheelie bin - £31.50
- delivery charge - £9.00
If you are in receipt of means tested benefits a concession of 25% is available.
Request a container
If your bins have been:
You can request a replacement by calling 0121 704 8000.
- we may on occasion provide refurbished bins
- we'll only replace damaged bins and containers if they are beyond repair and unusable.
Can I apply for additional bins?
If you do not have enough space in your brown wheelie bin you can request a second bin by calling 0121 704 8000. We'll then pass your details to our Waste and Recycling team who'll contact you to discuss your recycling arrangements.
If you are interested in buying a second green wheelie bin please view our extra garden waste services page to find out how.
Can I apply for a larger black wheelie bin or additional purple sacks?
You can apply for a larger 240 litre bin (or additional purple sacks) if due to certain circumstances, you are unable to accommodate all of your non-recyclable waste in a 140 litre black wheelie bin.
Who can apply
- families where there are 6 or more permanent occupants living at an address
- a member of the household suffers from a medical condition which generates additional waste
You can also apply for a larger bin on a temporary basis if you have children using disposable nappies. Applications will be considered on a case by case basis and the following criteria must apply to be considered:
- household of 4 permanent occupants and 2 of those occupants are children in disposable nappies
- household of 5 permanent occupants and 1 of those occupants is a child in disposable nappies
The larger bin will be issued on a temporary basis for a maximum period of 2 years.
You will be expected to make full use of the recycling service and may be offered additional recycling containers before being provided with a larger bin.
How to apply
Request a larger wheelie bin or additional purple sacks
You can also call 0121 704 8000.