Local land charge searches
When you buy a house, your solicitor will search our records to ensure there are no issues of concern or legal issues affecting the property.
Types of searches
There are three types of searches
This deals with the charges registered against the property by us, such as tree preservation orders, renovation grants, conservation and listed buildings, road agreements, conditional planning applications and enforcement notices.
This form has optional and compulsory questions and covers road schemes, planning, environmental histories and notices affecting the property. CON29 comprises required and optional parts.
Please be aware from 1 December 2015 personal searches of the Local Land Charges Register will be dealt with as a request made under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. This means we will deal with them on a first come first serve basis with an aim to providing the information as soon as possible and no later than 20 working days following the date of receipt of your request. Results will be returned by email.
Please email your request together with a plan to email@example.com
A personal search can be requested by anyone.
It is simply a copy of all the registrations that are held on the local land charges register when a search is conducted against the address provided. The response we provide is a copy of the raw data only - it is unchecked and unverified and unofficial.
As a result, it is for you to decide what information provided is relevant to that property or not.
In accordance with Rule 7 of the Local Land Charges Rules 1977, planning information is readily and freely accessible by using the statutory register. You must individually interpret the information given and the officers of the Council are not obliged to interpret the information on your behalf.
Highway information requested under EIR
Please note from Thursday 1 June 2017 requests for Highway data will be dealt with as a request made under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
This means we will deal with them on a first come first serve basis with an aim to providing the information as soon as possible and no later than 20 working days following the date of receipt of your request. Results will be returned by email. Please use our ordering form ordering form and email your request to HighwaysEIR@solihull.gov.uk.
We offer a choice of official searches and data bundles of the CON29.
Search fees from 1 April 2017 (Including VAT) will be charged at:
- LLC1 Cert Only £23.00
- CON29 Only (Residential) £190.80
- CON29 Only (Commercial) £202.80
- Full Residential £213.80
- Full Commercial £225.80
CON29O 2017 Fees
- Q4 - 22 (Residential & Commercial) £19.80
- Additional question (Residential & Commercial) £24.60
- Additional Parcels (LLC1) (Residential & Commercial) £2.00
- Additional Parcels (Con29) (Residential) £25.80
- Additional Parcels (Con29) (Commercial) £31.80
Search fees from 1 April 2018 (Including VAT) will be charged at:
- LLC1 Cert Only £23.60
- CON29 Only (Residential) £193.70
- CON29 Only (Commercial) £205.70
- Full Residential £217.30
- Full Commercial £229.30
CON29O 2017 Fees
- Q4 - 22 (Residential & Commercial) £20.30
- Additional question (Residential & Commercial) £25.20
- Additional Parcels (LLC1) (Residential & Commercial) £2.10
- Additional Parcels (Con29) (Residential) £26.40
- Additional Parcels (Con29) (Commercial) £32.60
You can now pay for your search requests online, using either a debit or credit card.
Email your LLC1 and Con29 forms, (VAT) payment receipt, together with a plan outlining the property to be searched on.
VAT is to be imposed on Con29 Searches from 1 January 2017. Please include the VAT amount in your payment eg £190.80 for a residential Con29.
You can post your request to Solihull Council, Council House, Manor Square, Solihull, West Midlands, B91 9TX and should enclose the following documents:
- a completed LLC1 and/or CON29R CON29O, (you can obtain these forms from your solicitor or law stationers)
- a cheque made payable to Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
- the full address (or plot number and location) and two plans (based on Ordnance Survey maps) showing the boundary of the property/land clearly edged in red
- the return address for the search results (write in the space on form LLC1)
- search results can be returned by email if requested
The National Land Information Service (NLIS)
The National Land Information Service (NLIS) connects directly to land and property information held by councils, central government and other official sources of land and property data. It is fully accessible, authoritative and comprehensive.
Searches can be submitted to us using NLIS via one of its licensed channels:
Severn Trent Water looks after public sewers across the borough. To search their records please call 0115 971 3550 or visit the Severn Trent website.