Healthwatch is the independent consumer champion for health and social care.
Healthwatch Solihull is one of more than 150 similar organisations across England. The service is run by a partnership of local organisations led by Solihull Sustain.
Healthwatch is tasked with ensuring that the views and experiences of local people are heard by those who plan, run and regulate health and care services.
Healthwatch functions include:
- Gathering local people’s views about health and social care services
- Making people’s view known to service providers and commissioners
- Promoting involvement of people in commissioning and provision of services
- Carry out ‘Enter and View’ visits to health and social care services
- Recommending investigation or special review via Healthwatch England and the Care Quality Commission
- Providing information about local health and social care services (and how to complain)