Solihull libraries provide a range of information to help support local businesses, or to help you if you're starting up in business.
Library members can access useful resources using our virtual reference library. If you’re not yet a member it’s free to join the library.
Can be used for:
- researching a company and its activities for business or job hunting
- looking for business to business opportunities (including mailing lists)
- contacting businesses over consumer issues
The Core Library also has in print:
- Kompass UK, the annual business directory with detailed product information
- Dun and Bradstreet Regional Business Registers for the area
- Company Refs, a quarterly source for investors
- Companies House - search for UK companies and see their accounts and director details as they are filed
Setting up and running a business
Enterprise for Success
Our Enterprise for Success scheme offers free business assistance and mentoring for start-ups.
If you're employing someone:
Life in Great Britain
Life in Great Britain is an online study resource for candidates preparing for the Life in the UK Test or British citizenship test. The service includes an online version of the latest official study materials licensed from the Home Office, the people who write the handbook, plus hundreds of practice test questions in the same format as the official test.
To access Life in Great Britain enter your library card number with SLP in capital letters and without spaces. This site requires registration using a valid email address.
Theory Test Pro
Theory Test Pro is a highly realistic online simulation of the UK's driving theory test, for cars, motorcycles, large goods vehicles, and passenger carrying vehicles. It contains the entire official test question bank, hazard perception video clips and an online version of the Highway Code. All this material is licensed from the Driving Standards Agency (DSA), the people who set the tests.
When you first use Theory Test Pro, you will need to register with your name, email address and password. This information allows Theory Test Pro to save your test scores so you can follow your progress as you practice for the test. There is no charge to access Theory Test Pro.
To access Theory Test Pro enter your library card number with SLP in capital letters and without spaces.
The online service of Moneyfacts journal. It includes market mortgage sourcing, life quotations, savings, loans and cards searches, and statistics such as the Retail Price Index since 1948.
eMoneyfacts is only at The Core Library.
Also available at The Core Library in print:
- complete set of UK Phone Books, Yellow Pages and Business Pages
- UK statistics on economic and social trends
- detailed local census information
Other useful links