Community Governance Review (CGR) for Hampton in Arden and Catherine-de-Barnes
On Thursday 12 October 2017, Hampton in Arden Parish Council and Catherine-de-Barnes Residents Association submitted a petition, bearing 253 signatures, requesting that Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council undertake a Community Governance Review.
The petition proposes that the boundary of Hampton in Arden Parish Council be extended by incorporating the currently unparished area of Catherine-de-Barnes.
The Community Governance Review commenced with the publication of the Terms of Reference on Wednesday 29 November 2017.
The Council’s Governance Committee considered the Review and made recommendations to Full Council to:
- Extend the Hampton in Arden Parish boundary to incorporate polling district BH07 within the Parish
- Create two wards within the Parish and fix the ward boundary along Friday Lane and Catherine de Barnes Lane
- Retain the current name of Hampton in Arden Parish Council and name the two new wards Catherine de Barnes Ward and Hampton in Arden Ward
- Increase the number of parish councillors from 9 to 12
- Allocate 8 Councillors to represent the Hampton in Arden Ward and 4 Councillors to represent the Catherine de Barnes Ward
The recommendations were approved and the Council has now published The Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council (Reorganisation of Community Governance) (Parish of Hampton in Arden) Order 2018.
The changes are effective from 1 April 2019.