Community Governance Review (CGR) for Hampton in Arden and Catherine-de-Barnes
On Thursday 12 October 2017, Hampton in Arden Parish Council and Catherine-de-Barnes Residents Association submitted a petition, bearing 253 signatures, requesting that Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council undertake a Community Governance Review.
The petition proposes that the boundary of Hampton in Arden Parish Council be extended by incorporating the currently unparished area of Catherine-de-Barnes.
The Community Governance Review commenced with the publication of the Terms of Reference on Wednesday 29 November 2017.
The Final Proposals consultation ended on Friday 31 August 2018. Solihull MBC did not change the proposals from the draft proposal stage and welcomed any further comment on issues not already addressed as part of the review.
The Council proposed to:
- Extend the Hampton in Arden Parish boundary to incorporate polling district BH07 within the Parish (as shown in Map 2 in the Final Proposals document)
- Create two wards within the Parish and fix the ward boundary along Friday Lane and Catherine de Barnes Lane (as shown in Map 2 in the final proposals document)
- Retain the current name of Hampton in Arden Parish Council and name the two new wards Catherine de Barnes Ward and Hampton in Arden Ward
- Increase the number of parish councillors from 9 to 12
- Allocate 8 Councillors to represent the Hampton in Arden Ward and 4 Councillors to represent the Catherine de Barnes Ward
The timetable for the review is outlined below:
||Thursday 12 October 2017
|Report to Governance Committee
Terms of reference and timetable for review to be approved
|Tuesday 28 November 2017
|Terms of Reference published and consultation period starts
||Wednesday 29 November 2017
|Last date for representations
||Sunday 31 December 2017
|Draft Proposals are prepared
||Governance Committee held on Thursday 18 January 2018
|Draft Proposals are published for consultation
||By Wednesday 31 January 2018
|Last date for submissions
||Sunday 15 April 2018
|Final Proposals are prepared
||Governance Committee Wednesday 27 June 2018
|Final Proposals are published
|Consultation on final proposals
|Governance Committee makes final recommendation on the review
||To Governance Committee Monday 24 September 2018
|Governance Committee recommendation considered by Council
||Tuesday 9 October 2018
|Council publishes the Reorganisation Order
||Wednesday 31 October 2018
|Any changes become effective
||Monday 1 April 2019
Please note that the timetable is subject to minor alteration.
What happens next?
The Council’s Governance Committee have considered all of the consultation responses. Full Council are due to consider their recommendations on Tuesday 9 October 2018. Full Council are asked to approve that a Community Governance Reorganisation Order be made giving effect to the above final proposals.