Examination of Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Draft Charging Schedule
Solihull Council submitted the Community Infrastructure Levy Draft Charging Schedule to the Planning Inspectorate on 27 June 2014 in accordance with Part 11 of the Planning Act 2008 (as amended) and Regulation 19 of the Community Infrastructure Levy Regulations 2010 (as amended).
The Draft Charging Schedule was subject to public examination by an independent examiner. Nigel Payne BSC (HONS) DIPTP MRTPI MCMI from the Planning Inspectorate was appointed to carry out the examination. The hearings were held on Tuesday 2 June 2015 in the Alpha Room at the Renewal Conference Centre, Lode Lane, Solihull B91 2JR.
The examination is now closed and the Council has received the Examiner's report and covering letter
Draft Programme (dated 20 May 2015 - version 3)
Examiner’s Briefing Note
All information relating to the examination can be found on this page. For all details relating to the submission and implementation of CIL please follow the link 'Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)' to the right of this page.
20 November 2015
Responses to Modifications Consultation
The consultation on the Statement of Modifications to the Draft Charging Schedule ended on 13th November 2015. 11 responses have been received as shown below.
16 October 2015
Statement of Modifications Consultation
Following Cabinet approval on 30th September, the Council is consulting on a Statement of Modifications to the Draft Charging Schedule for a statutory period of 4 weeks from 16th October until 13th November 2015. Due to changes proposed in the Statement of Modifications, the Council is also consulting on a revised Regulation 123 list during the same period.
Links to the Statement of Modifications, how to respond to the consultation and all supporting documentation can be found below:
If you have any queries on the consultation, please contact email@example.com or telephone 0121 704 8358 to speak to a member of the Spatial Planning team.
5 June 2015
Further to the examination hearings on 2 June 2015, the Examiner has asked the Council to provide additional information to support the submitted draft schedule and in the light of that further evidence to consider whether or not they wish to propose modifications to the rates and/or zones proposed, including in relation to Blythe Valley Park.
27 May 2015
The Council did not submit any further statements by the deadline of 26 May 2015. The Examiner has given them until Friday 29 May 2015 to submit a response to the statement from IM Properties.
20 May 2015
Further statements have been submitted by:
The Council will be submitting further statements by 5pm on Tuesday 26 May 2015.
21 April 2015
The Council submitted updated evidence on viability and infrastructure on 21 April 2015. Anyone who has made a representation to the Solihull CIL and wishes to make a comment on the updated evidence should address it in a further statement by 19 May 2015.
Following the final outcome of the court proceedings for the Solihull Local Plan, the Council wrote to the Inspector to request a review of his interim conclusion, as set out in his letter dated 4 July 2014. In light of this and consideration of the current position, the Inspector has announced that the examination process can now resume.
The list of Examination Documents includes the draft charging schedule, background papers and other related documents. These are available to view by clicking the link below.
Contact the examination office
If you have a query please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 704 8358 to speak to a member of the Spacial Planning team
- 27 June 2014 - CIL submitted
- July 2014 - Examination suspended pending High Court challenge to Solihull Local Plan
- 17 Mar 2015 - Examination resumed
- 13 Apr 2015 - Examiner’s Briefing Note and initial draft programme issued
- 16 April 2015 - Initial list of Examination Documents issued
- 21 April 2015 - Council issues updated evidence on viability and infrastructure (CNL3 & 4)
- 5 May 2015 - Deadline for any comments on programme or issues
- 19 May 2015 - Participants confirm if wish to appear
- 19 May 2015 - Deadline for representors’ further statements (5.00pm) & comments on Council’s updated evidence
- 26 May 2015 - Deadline for Council’s further statements (5.00pm)
- 29 May 2015 - Deadline for Council’s response to statement from IM Properties
- 2 June 2015 - Hearings take place at Renewal Centre, Solihull (start 9.30am)
- 16 Oct - 13 Nov 2015 - Main Modifications Consultation
- December 2015 - Examiner’s report published