If you suspect someone is committing fraud, report it.

Report fraud

You can also call the anti-fraud hotline on 0800 028 8535 or email

What we investigate

We can investigate the following types of fraud:

  • Housing tenancy fraud
  • Council tax fraud
  • Contractor fraud
  • Expenses fraud
  • Cash or cheque fraud
  • Stock theft
  • Purchase card misuse

Benefit fraud

If you think someone is committing benefit fraud you can report it to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Report benefit fraud

See Also...

Live Chat

graphic which links to our Live Chat service


Is this information helpful?

Tell us how we can improve this page

Contact us

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website.
If you continue to use the site, we'll assume you are happy to receive all cookies. For details, please see our privacy policy.