Do you love where you live?
Love Solihull aims to inspire, encourage, and enable everyone from across the borough to make where we live a place we can all take pride in.
For advice, information, activities & events visit lovesolihull.org.
What is the Love Solihull Campaign?
Love Solihull is about building on the great work that individuals and community groups already carry out and every one of us doing our bit to make a difference and transform our communities.
We need your help. The success of the Love Solihull campaign is down to you. The more people who get involved the more we can achieve.
How can I get involved?
If you are, an individual or group thinking about organising a one off community clean up event, here is how we can help:
- offer advice on how to plan a litter pick / tidy up
- direct you to locations that may need the help of a tidy up
- loan you with equipment
- take the rubbish away afterwards
- promote your group and efforts via Twitter and Facebook
If you are a regular group who carries out community clean up events on an as and when basis here is how we can help:
- offer you the same support as groups organising one off events
- connect you with other local litter picking groups to share ideas
If you are a local organisation who supports and organises your own volunteer events, here is how we can help:
- help co-ordinate your activities with other groups and organisations
- direct you to locations that may need the help of a community clean up
- loan you with equipment
- take the rubbish away afterwards (exceptions maybe made in some cases where your activities take place on private land)
- promote your group and efforts via twitter and Facebook
How can businesses get involved?
If you would like your business to be involved, here is how we can help:
- take steps to play your part by signing up to the voluntary code and pledge to keep your environment clean and tidy
- meet your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) by offering staff volunteering opportunities that will benefit the community & environment
Local businesses involved in the campaign
Thank you to all the businesses that are already showing their support for the Love Solihull campaign.
- Assembly Rooms
- Café Rouge
- Fat sandwich
- Masons Arms
- Pret a Manger
- Ramada Solihull
- Jaguar Land Rover
Why should I take part?
Many things affect the way we feel about where we live, how it looks, what there is to do there and how safe we feel. Addressing all these different areas is not something that the council can do alone, we need your help.
Of course, you do not have to get involved in Love Solihull, but it will be more successful if many people take part. If this sounds like something, you would be interested in, why not encourage others to get involved too.
Get in touch with your ideas of how to improve where you live by:
We can help you and your community to turn your ideas into reality and we have created a toolkit that is full of lots of helpful tips and advice on how you can organise your own event.