If you find walking around the shops difficult or impossible, Shopmobility is here to help.
Two Shopmobility schemes operate in the Solihull area:
- Solihull Town Centre - 2 shopmobilty centres are located in Solihull Town Centre which are run by a charitable organisation
- Shirley - located at Shirley Library, Shirley Shopmobility is a Council run facility
Where to find us
Mell Square Shopping Centre: 19 Drury Lane
- Tuesday to Saturday 9.00am to 4.30pm
- telephone: 0121 711 8701
- parking for Blue Badge holders outside Shopmobility office, and 3 hours free parking for members in House of Fraser car park
- meet and greet service from the Ring and Ride bus stop in Mell Square
- view access information
Touchwood Car Park: orange parking zone
- Monday to Saturday 9.30am to 5.00pm, Sunday 11.00am to 4.00pm
- 3 hours free parking for members
- Telephone: 0121 711 4231
- View access information
Parking is subject to conditions, so please ask a member of Staff before leaving your car.
The Shopmobility Service
We offer manual and electric wheelchairs and motorised scooters to help you shop in Solihull town centre. Members are entitled to use Birmingham Shopmobility facilities, and to hire lightweight, collapsible wheelchairs for weekends away and holidays.
You can also visit Shopmobility to purchase Blue Badge holders (Hologram safe) and radar keys.
How much does it cost?
Members: annual registration charge of £12, plus daily hire charge of £2 for scooters and £1.50 for wheelchairs.
Non-members: daily hire charge of £5 for scooters and £3 for wheelchairs.
How to register
You need to register the first time you use Shopmobility, please read the terms and conditions carefully. Bring 2 items for proof of identity, showing your name and address (driving licence, up to date utility bill, pension book etc). When you arrive, you’ll be shown how to use the equipment safely.
Using the service
Once you’ve registered you can use the service whenever you like. All equipment must be pre-booked in advanced, please give at least 24 hours’ notice if booking online.
Find out more
To find out more about the scheme or make a donation, contact us by email or call 0121 711 4231.