Solihull Civic Honours 2020
The Civic Honours Awards will not take place this year and any nominations already received will roll over to the 2021 Awards.
In place of the Civic Honours, a special initiative called ‘Solihull says thank you’ has been set up to acknowledge the support that people and communities have given each other over the last six months.
This is an opportunity for Solihull residents to say thank you to an individual (of any age) or organisation who has done something kind or helpful during this difficult time. Examples of actions that people may want to recognise are a neighbour who has done their shopping, someone who has been a supportive friend or someone who has been brave during the crisis.
Everyone nominated will receive a special thank you card from the Mayor of Solihull, Cllr Stuart Davies. And they will be given the opportunity to submit their photo to be part of a ‘Solihull says thank you’ display wall in Touchwood and Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centres in September.
Nominations have now closed.
Solihull Civic Honours
The Civic Honours Awards are a way of recognising the local unsung heroes who go above and beyond to make Solihull a better place.
The next awards ceremony will take place in 2021 with awards distributed by the Mayor of Solihull.
Awards will be presented for:
- Creative Arts: An individual who has made a significant contribution to the arts in Solihull e.g. visual art, theatre, music, photography or dance
- Community Involvement: An individual or group who has made a real difference in their community
- Inspirational Young Person: Someone aged 25 or under who is a real inspiration to their community or who has gained exceptional achievement in their chosen field
- Making a Difference for Young People: Someone who has given up their time to make a difference for young people in Solihull
- Sport: A person who has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to promote sport in Solihull
- Mayor’s Award: Someone who has made an outstanding contribution to the lives of people of the Borough, or who has raised the profile of Solihull regionally, nationally or internationally