Nature of work
Providing strategic direction to tackle crime and anti social behaviour across Solihull. Engaging with local communities to make neighbourhoods cleaner, greener and safer. Delivering projects which improve the local environment. Facilitating the licensing or registration of people, places, vehicles and events. Ensuring that residents, workers and visitors in the Borough are safe and feel confident about using licensed businesses and services.
Why we need your information
We may need your information to investigate a complaint that may be brought by yourself or other individuals. We may need your information to assist us in carrying out our Statutory functions and your information will provide a mechanism for us to remain in contact with you by your preferred means.
Type/Classes of information processed
The personal details that we process are:
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Previous names
- Immigration status
- Limited criminal history
- Passport information, photograph
- National Insurance Number
- Insurance details
- Driving Licence details
- Licence employment history
- Bank details
- Financial details including bankruptcy details
- Previous requests for service information
Who information is processed about
The classes of personal information we process include:
- People who call/write requesting assistance regards Trading Standards matters. These may include advice to Solihull traders, legal compliance issues, rogue trader incidents and scams notifications.
- People who call/write requesting assistance regards Environmental crime matters. These may include the registration of houses of multiple occupancy, disrepair of rental properties, illegal bonfires, statutory nuisance, stray dogs and noise nuisance.
- People who call/write requesting assistance regards Anti Social Behaviour matters. These may include off road motorcycle issues and nuisance neighbours
- People who call/write requesting assistance regards Neighbourhood matters. These may include parking complaints, pot holes, fly tipping, abandoned vehicles and overgrown vegetation.
- People who call/write requesting assistance regards licensing matters. These may include applications for taxi licences, alcohol licences and food safety and standards.
Who information may be shared with
The information you provide will be used by the Council to ensure that it discharges its legal duties around the issues described above. In doing so it may share your information with other relevant parties these may include:
- Other Council departments
- Solihull Community Housing and other housing providers
- Other responsible authorities these include, West Midlands Police, West Midlands Fire and Rescue Service, National Probation Service and Clinical Commissioning Group
- Other Local Authorities
- HM Revenues and Customs (HMRC)
- Home Office
How long we will keep your information
As the work of Neighbourhood and Regulatory Services is diverse, information we handle and collate is subject of different retention periods, however information will only be kept in accordance with the Councils retention policy.
No data is transferred overseas.
For more information about this service please contact
Email address: email@example.com