Nature of work
Strategic planning; development and monitoring of local planning policies; High Speed 2 (HS2) delivery; enabling the delivery of affordable housing.
Why we need your information
People are not legally required to provide information to us. Information is provided voluntarily and can help us to better design and/or implement legislative requirements.
There are no legal requirements for people to provide personal information to us. We receive personal information in circumstances where individuals choose to contact us for the purpose of:
- Responding to consultations and surveys relating to Local Plan and policy development and delivery
- Putting forward sites to the Council to be considered in plan making and/or creating the Brownfield Land Register
- Solihull Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register – personal data will be used by Solihull Council only in meeting its duties under the Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Act 2015 and Housing and Planning Act 2016. It will also be used to contact people about relevant opportunities for Self-build and Custom Housebuilding with landowners, developers, land agents, housing associations or other appropriate groups that deal with, or wish to be involved in self/custom build. Personal data will not be passed on directly to these organisations.
Type/Classes of information processed
The personal details that we process are name, address and contact details (email and/or telephone).
As part of the registration process for the Solihull Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register the Council also asks some additional questions to support a greater understanding of the nature of demand and preferences for self-build and custom housebuilding in Solihull. This is optional and does not affect any person’s eligibility to go on the register.
Who information is processed about
We will process information about:
- People who choose to respond to planning consultation carried out by the Council
- People who choose to provide personal information as part of advancing an interest in land.
- People who choose to join the Solihull Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register
Who information may be shared with
The information you provide will be used by the Council to help prepare policies relating to planning, housing and HS2. Information may be shared with other employees or agencies (such as the Planning Inspectorate) who may be involved with the process.
Your personal details may be shared with other Council services to ensure our records are kept accurate and to keep you informed of future consultations. Please note that the Council is obliged to make representations available for public inspection, this means that with the exception of personal telephone numbers, email addresses and signatures, your comments and other personal details that you provide will be publicly available for inspection at the Council’s principal offices and will also be published on the internet.
Additionally, your personal details may be shared with other Council services and partner organisations to ensure our records are kept accurate and to help us to identify services or benefits you may be entitled to or interested in. We may also need to share your information for the prevention and detection of fraud and/or other crimes or as the law requires. For further information please refer to the Council’s Privacy Statement on www.solihull.gov.uk or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How long we will keep your information
Information is kept for up to seven years after which it is destroyed.
Where people have been accepted to go on the Solihull Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register their data will be kept on it for as long as they remain on the register in accordance with the Solihull Council’s Self-build and Custom Housebuilding Register Policy. If they ask to be taken off their details will be deleted as soon as possible. If the Council loses contact with a person, their details will be removed one year after the last annual renewal.
No personal information we receive is ever transferred overseas.
For more information about this service please contact
email address: email@example.com