Copyright & license
Unless otherwise stated, Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council (the Council) owns the copyright in all information on this site.
Subject to the following conditions, you are free to:
- copy, distribute and transmit the information;
- adapt the information;
- exploit the information commercially.
In doing so you must:
- ensure that you are using the latest version of the information available;
- acknowledge the source of the information by including any copyright statement specified. If no specific statement is provided please use the following generic statement; Contains information © Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council;
- include the same acknowledgment requirement in any sub-licenses of the information that you grant, and a requirement that any further sub-licenses do the same;
- the information must be clearly separated from any comment made on it by yourself or others.
- readers of the information must not be given the impression that the Council is responsible for, or has in any way approved, you or your use of the information or others to whom you may provide it;
- the information may be altered or amended but such material must be clearly marked as altered or amended from the original.
- when reproducing the Council's information you must have regard to any qualifying statements or descriptions attached to the information, (for example, descriptions such as 'consultation document', 'discussion paper', or 'preliminary view' are important as are statements concerning the audience at which the information is directed). If the information is reproduced in full, or substantial extracts are reproduced, any qualifying statements attached to the information must be included;
- any reproduction of the Council's official forms, other than for the purpose of submitting information to the Council, must be clearly marked 'SPECIMEN' unless otherwise expressly agreed by the Council;
This license does not cover the use of:
- Personal data in the Information.
- Information that has neither been published nor disclosed under information access legislation (including the Freedom of Information Acts for the UK and Scotland) by or with the consent of the Information Provider.
- Departmental or public sector organisation logos, crests and the Royal Arms except where they form an integral part of a document or dataset.
- Third party rights the Information Provider is not authorised to license;
- Information subject to other intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks, and design rights; and
Where you wish to re-use the Council's information but the proposed re-use would contravene any of the conditions set out above, you should contact the Council to determine whether the proposed re-use would be permitted and what, of any, additional conditions may apply. The application should be in writing, specifying name and address of the applicant, identifying the information to be re-used and the purpose for re-use. It should be addressed to:
Corporate Information Governance Manager
PO Box 18
- The Information is licensed 'as is' and the Council excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Information to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- The Council is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use. The Information Provider does not guarantee the continued supply of the Information.
- This license is governed by the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Council has its principal place of business, unless otherwise specified by the Information Provider.
In this license, the terms below have the following meanings:
- means information protected by copyright or by database right (for example, literary and artistic works, content, data and source code) offered for use under the terms of this license.
- as a verb, means doing any act which is restricted by copyright or database right, whether in the original medium or in any other medium, and includes without limitation distributing, copying, adapting, modifying as may be technically necessary to use it in a different mode or format.
- means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this license.