The CSW COVID Business Pledge has been launched to reassure staff and customers that businesses and venues are operating in a COVID secure manner, and following best practice.
The Pledge is entirely voluntary, but by signing up to the Pledge, you are making a positive statement that you are following the relevant guidelines and are putting in place measures to ensure your premises are COVID-secure to safeguard the health and wellbeing of your employees and visitors alike.
The key elements of the Pledge, include:
- Social distancing - measures to maintain 2m social distancing (or 1 metre with mitigating measures if not possible) throughout the premises
- Hygiene - a commitment to provide hygiene facilities for our staff and our customers and regular cleaning of our premises to reduce transmission of Coronavirus, including hand washing facilities and hand sanitising
- Face coverings - all staff in public facing roles will wear a face covering (unless they have a legal exemption)
- Ventilation - the provision of adequate ventilation, in line with PHE and HSE guidance
- Regular testing - a pledge to encourage all staff to undertake asymptomatic COVID Lateral Flow Tests for a minimum of once a week
- Staff Health and Well-being - supporting staff with health and well-being needs
- Preventing and Controlling Outbreaks - support staff to self-isolate as required and undertake appropriate contact tracing for all cases identified in the workplace, ensuring all close contacts isolate in line with national guidance
- Vaccinations - support employees to access vaccinations
- Risk Assessments - to carry out and regularly review a business COVID risk assessment, communicating with staff and ensuring they follow its recommendations
Please note that this is not a formal accreditation, but a voluntary scheme to demonstrate business intent to trade in a COVID secure way. The Council reserves the right to request that businesses remove the Pledge should any issues arise.
To sign your business up to the CSW COVID Business Pledge, please complete a short form.
Once complete, you receive a printable poster to display in your premises to promote to customers and staff and will form part of a mailing list for additional resources around keeping your business COVID secure.
For information on the relevant guidance for your business, please see the national ‘Working Safely during Coronavirus’ pages.