Library services available during COVID-19
The following services are available at all sites:
- Access to the library with unlimited time to browse and sit
- Bookable and/or walk-in PC access for up to 2 hours per session with increased numbers of computers
- Use of memory sticks
- Renewal or replacement of library cards
- General Library stock enquiries
- Loan of up to 10 items for 3 weeks minimum
- Reservations of up to 10 library items
- Photocopying, printing or scanning
- Study space with unlimited time
- Physical newspapers and magazines where available
You can also still order books from libraries using our Click and Collect service.
Services not available at the moment:
- Hire of meetings rooms and use of space in the open library space by self-organized groups
- Stock ordering
- Inter library loans
All visitors are encouraged to wear a face mask or covering in line with current government guidance.
All visitors are asked to provide contact details on entering the site in line with the government’s Test and Trace requirements.
Our COVID-19 page can help you understand the changes when visiting a library and see what other services are available.
E-books, e-audiobooks, newspapers, magazines and a range of other digital resources can be accessed from our Libraries home page.
Customers who are medically vulnerable and unable to leave their homes can register for the Home Library Service.
Libraries from Home
Join online if you are not already a library member.
New members now have online membership and can access a full range of online resources and:
In-person rhymetimes and storytimes are restarting in the Core Library, details are in the Events page on the library catalogue.
Booking is required for some events.
Please follow our Facebook pages for more information as sessions restart in other libraries; online rhymetimes and storytimes are still available on the Pages.
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages.
Solihull Libraries have produced a Customer Charter for services under COVID-19 to outline what customers need to be aware of when visiting libraries.