Library from home
If you are already a member all of these services are available to you with your library card.
If you are not a member, you can join online.
Join Solihull libraries
You can use this straightaway without having to collect a library card. You can get:
Over 2000 ebook titles and over 1000 eaudiobook titles you can download for up to 3 weeks – the books automatically return after that time or you can return them once you’ve finished with them.
You can borrow up to ten eBooks and six eAudiobooks at any time, and many allow several users to have them at the same time.
The range is from crime/thrillers, historical novels and other popular fiction to classics, biographies and also some children and young adult titles.
There are also educational eAudiobooks called the Modern Scholar.
Nearly 60 titles that you can download, current and back issues in full colour, and that you don’t need to return. Titles include the Radio Times, New Scientist, Hello, Woman’s Own, Autocar, ComputerActive, Country Life and many more.
Over 7000 worldwide newspapers and magazines, including most of the UK national newspapers (excluding the Times, FT and Sun) and their Sunday equivalents. The Birmingham Mail, Birmingham Post and Coventry Telegraph are also included, along with many magazines. All the titles are in full colour and includes all the pages such as crosswords, financial results and photos.
Virtual Reference Library
Online resources we subscribe to on your behalf – these include Theory Test Pro, for learning to drive; UK Press Online for historical newspapers; and the Oxford English Dictionary https://www.solihull.gov.uk/247library
There are other websites you can get free eBooks:
You can find helpful information about what libraries are doing nationally at Libraries Connected.
Places you can do online learning and other activities
Looking after yourself
The Governments official advice:
Mental health exercises
Materials for children
Storytime & Rhymetime
- Interactive books and signing from Book Trust
- Riverside Performing Arts – every Wednesday at 10am a storytime via Facebook, just search for them by name
Free Educational Resources
- The Oxford Owl - Free education resources with guides and documents across key subjects, it also includes free e-reading books for children between 3 and 11 years
- Bitesize - Free resources from the BBC for 3-18 year olds linked to the UK curriculum
- Family Days Tried and Tested - Virtual tours of some of the world’s major museums and galleries including Musee d’Orsay, British Museum and Tate Modern. Also concerts, Ancient Rome and zoos amongst many, many more.
- Art Resources - A fantastic cornucopia of resources including museums, contests, games, digital art and art education