Balsall Common Library
All Solihull Library sites remain closed to the public until further notice - with the exception of the new Click and Collect scheme and returning books at the set times below.
- Click and Collect
- You can now request books for collection through the new Click and Collect scheme at the The Core.
- From Monday 13 July you can also request books for collection the following week at Chelmsley Wood and Shirley Libraries.
- Anyone unable to use the online form can place an order by phoning 0121 704 8001.
Please return books to:
Balsall Common, Castle Bromwich, Hobs Moat and Knowle libraries on Wednesday 15 July, 10am – 1pm. The Core, Chelmsley Wood and Shirley libraries on Friday 24 July, 2 – 4pm, and every Friday afternoon onwards.
The Home Library service also restarted on Monday 6 July.
- There will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being
- Any cards due to expire before 30 June have been extended so membership will not lapse
- Loans will be extended until 30 September
- Reservations will be temporarily suspended
- New members now have online membership and can access a full range of online resources and eBooks
- Visit our website for access to E- Audio, books, magazines and newspapers
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages.
283 Kenilworth Road
Telephone: 01676 532590
Monday and Thursday 10.00am to 6.00pm
Tuesday 10.00am to 5.00pm
Wednesday - Closed
Fridays 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Saturday 10.00am to 4.00pm
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1.30 for half an hour, or £2.60 for an hour
- audio books
- A4 Black and white/colour photocopying and scanning facilities available
- Books on Prescription
- Solihull Connect Local - access our services online or by the provided free phone. If you need help using our website Library staff can assist you and also accept any paper applications ie: Blue badges or documents to support Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction claims (However, library staff cannot advise you on these services)
- you can view an access guide for Balsall Common library at AccessAble
- Self-run Coffee Morning - First Thursday of each month, 10.30am to 12.00 noon. Enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and a chat with some friendly faces
- Readers Circle - Second Thursday of the month - 10.15am to 11.30am. Come along and have a natter with fellow book lovers. Exchange recommendations, discuss books and share your thoughts on authors. Please contact the library for details
- Self-run Family History Support Group - Third Thursday of each month, 1.15pm to 3.00pm. Includes exclusive use of the library PC's for research between 3.00pm to 4.00pm. An informal group of library members meeting to discuss and help each other with their family history research. New members always welcome
- Self-run Striders and Strollers - Alternate Tuesdays from 10.15am. Meet for free walks in Balsall Common area led by a trained walk leader and enjoy a cuppa afterwards. The routes are mostly flat, even and accessible to all participants regardless of physical ability. If you are unsure, please come along and talk to the walk leader, who will be available to answer any questions or concerns. All ages welcome, no need to book, just turn up
- Creative Artizans - Every Friday 2.00pm. A chance to share and learn new crafts and have a good natter. A small charge applies for refreshments. This group is run by Creative Artizans.
- Tales and Time to Play - Every Monday 2.15pm to 3.00pm. Bring your little ones for a story followed by a chance to play, sing, chat and relax with other young families. Suitable for pre-school children, toys are provided
- Rhyme Time - Every Tuesday at 2.15pm. Come along with your babies and toddlers and enjoy listening to happy songs and rhymes with actions and percussion instruments
For more information on the above activities contact Balsall Common Library on 01676 532 590 or visit facebook.com/balsallcommonlibrary