Chelmsley Wood Library
On Friday 20 March, the Government gave additional advice to reduce social interaction between people in order to reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19). In light of this, all Solihull Library sites are now closed to the public until further notice.
We are sorry for this interruption in services and are doing our best to limit the impact this may have on our customers with the following:
- There will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being
- Any cards due to expire before 30 June will be extended so membership will not lapse
- Loans will be extended until 30 June
- Allowing new members online membership to access a full range of online resources and eBooks
- Visit our website for access to E- Audio, books, magazines and newspapers
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages.
10 West Mall
Chelmsley Wood Shopping Centre
Telephone: 0121 788 4380
For a virtual tour of Chelmsley Wood library visit www.seeinsidetheuk.com.
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1.30 for half an hour, or £2.60 for an hour
- audio books
- Black and white/colour photocopying, scanning and fax facilities available
- selection of daily newspapers and magazines
- bus timetables - a variety of local bus timetables are available
- Solihull Fab Lab - are you aged 15-29 and not in a job, education or training? Unleash your creativity on technology including a 3D printer and scanner, a CNC router, t-shirt printer and embroidery machine
- Ancestry and Find My Past websites available, along with other resources from the Virtual Reference Library (free for 2 hours with a library card)
- you can view an access guide for Chelmsley Wood library at AccessAble
- Health Hub - come along to our Health Hub where you can use our free blood pressure/weight/BMI machine, access useful health resources and information from our Health Kiosk, find healthy lifestyle books and resources, including ‘Books on Prescription’
- Solihull Community Advice Hub - supporting you to access information, advice and services to meet your needs, available Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 10.00am-2.00pm and Tuesday, Friday 10.00am-4.00pm.
Keep up to date and subscribe to Chelmsley Wood Library events
- Monthly story and craft - for under 5s Wednesdays at 10.00am (term time only)
- Learnmyway - Free Learnmyway courses. Basic ICT for beginners, learn how to use a mouse/keyboards or about emails and social media. Call 0121 788 4380 to book a place
- Aquarius homeless advice drop-in service - every Friday 11.30am to 1.30pm
- Solihull College English - Solihull College run an English course on Mondays 10.00am to 12.00pm, to enrol call 0121 678 7000
- Talk and Play - A self-run parent toddler group. Suitable for under 5s on the first Tuesday of every month at 10.00am
- Recom ICT Tuition - IT help for jobseekers. Gain confidence and learn how to improve your IT skills to apply for jobs and create CVs with our specialist tutor and buddies. Tuition sessions are free and can be booked by calling 0121 663 0335
- Access to IT: Save Time & Money - Free 1 on 1 computer workshops. Learn how to save money online, get to grips with email, and master online forms. Every Wednesday 1.00pm to 3.00pm places must be booked by calling 0121 663 0335
- Code Club - Do you have a favourite computer game? Would you like to learn how to make your own computer games? At Code Club you will learn how to make cool games, animations and websites too! Talk to Library Staff to find out more and to book 0121-788-4380. Mondays 4:00pm - 5:00pm (Term Time Only)