Dickens Heath Library
All Solihull Library sites remain closed to the public until further notice - with the exception of the new Click and Collect scheme and returning books at the set times below.
- Click and Collect
- You can now request books for collection through the new Click and Collect scheme at the The Core.
- From Monday 13 July you can also request books for collection the following week at Chelmsley Wood and Shirley Libraries.
- Anyone unable to use the online form can place an order by phoning 0121 704 8001.
Please return books to:
Balsall Common, Castle Bromwich, Hobbs Moat and Knowle libraries on Wednesday 15 July, 10am – 1pm. The Core, Chelmsley Wood and Shirley libraries on Friday 24 July, 2 – 4pm, and every Friday afternoon onwards.
The Home Library service also restarted on Monday 6 July.
- There will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being
- Any cards due to expire before 30 June have been extended so membership will not lapse
- Loans will be extended until 30 September
- Reservations will be temporarily suspended
- New members now have online membership and can access a full range of online resources and eBooks
- Visit our website for access to E- Audio, books, magazines and newspapers
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages.
Old Dickens Heath Road
Telephone: 0121 744 6078
Monday 2.00pm to 6.00pm
Tuesday 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Wednesday and Friday - Closed
Thursday 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
Saturday 10.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes).Access for non-library members is charged at £1.30 for half an hour, or £2.60 for an hour
- black and white/colour photocopying, and scanning facilities available
- study area available for use during library opening hours
- you can view an access guide for Dickens Heath library at AccessAble
- Solihull Connect Local - access our services online or by the provided free phone. If you need help using our website Library staff can assist you and also accept any paper applications ie: Blue badges or documents to support Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction claims (However, library staff cannot advise you on these services)
- Children’s Story Box sessions - join us every Thursday at 10.15am (change from 2.15pm) every Thursday during term time only for stories, play and colouring for the under fives.
- Rhymetimes - Mondays 2.00pm to 2.30pm, term-time only. A fun session of action rhymes and songs. Running up until Christmas (excluding half term week)
- Family History Support Group - meets monthly on Mondays 3.00pm to 5.00pm. With exclusive use of library PCs for research. An informal group meet to discuss and help each other with Family History research. New members always welcome.
- Coffee Club - first Thursday of the month at 11.00am includes guest speakers, tea, coffee and homemade cake - small donations accepted!
- Self-running Readers Group - meet monthly on Saturdays at 10.30am
- Saturday Community Coffee Mornings - semi-regular Saturday Community Coffee mornings enjoy homemade cakes, biscuits, tea and coffee for a small donation. 2020 dates and times are to be confirmed.