Hobs Moat Library
All Solihull Library sites remain closed to the public until further notice - with the exception of the new Click and Collect scheme and returning books at the set times below.
- Click and Collect
- You can now request books for collection through the new Click and Collect scheme at the The Core.
- From Monday 13 July you can also request books for collection the following week at Chelmsley Wood and Shirley Libraries.
- Anyone unable to use the online form can place an order by phoning 0121 704 8001.
Please return books to:
Balsall Common, Castle Bromwich, Hobs Moat and Knowle libraries on Wednesday 15 July, 10am – 1pm. The Core, Chelmsley Wood and Shirley libraries on Friday 24 July, 2 – 4pm, and every Friday afternoon onwards.
The Home Library service also restarted on Monday 6 July.
- There will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being
- Any cards due to expire before 30 June have been extended so membership will not lapse
- Loans will be extended until 30 September
- Reservations will be temporarily suspended
- New members now have online membership and can access a full range of online resources and eBooks
- Visit our website for access to E- Audio, books, magazines and newspapers
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages.
Telephone: 0121 743 4592
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 10.00am to 5.00pm
Wednesday - Closed
Thursday 10.00am to 6.00pm
Saturday 10.00am to 1.00pm
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1.30 for half an hour, or £2.60 for an hour
- CDs and MP3s
- Black and white/colour photocopying, and scanning facilities available
- you can view an access guide for Hobs Moat library at AccessAble
- U3A Poetry Group Poetry Celebration - new members welcome:
- Craft and Chat - try some new crafts, be creative, learn something new and make new friends. Every Tuesday from 12.30pm to 2.30pm
- Animal Antics - our new pre-school children’s activity takes place on the first Monday of the month at 10.15am (term time only). We'll read stories about a new animal each session that the children can colour in.
- The Literary Litter Pickers of Hobs Moat Library - Love Hobs Moat Library, lets clean up (self-run) - join the Literary Litter Pickers of Hobs Moat Library from 10.00am to 11.00am with tea and coffee afterwards. Meeting once a month starting from Hobs Moat Library. Everyone welcome. The next sessions will be on:
- Strider & Strollers (self-run) - meet fortnightly. Meet at 10.15am for a 10.30am start. Walks last for up to an hour and are led by a trained walk leader. Walks are mostly flat, even and accessible to all regardless of physical ability. Tea and coffee on return. No need to book, just turn up:
- Solihull Stop Smoking - an appointment is required. To book your place call Gateway on 0800 599 9880
- Local Councillors Surgeries - last Saturday of every month
- Reading Café - Come along and share your passion for books, contact the library for more details
- Under 5s Story Session 'Little Hobbits' - every Thursday during term time 10.00am to 10.45am. Join the 'Little Hobbits' and sing along with rhymes before listening to stories and enjoying colouring with your pre school children
- Knit and Natter - (self-run) - join the Knit and Natter group on:
- Daddy Rhyme Time - come along to a new and exciting time just for Dads: