All Solihull Library sites remain closed to the public until further notice.
But from Monday 6 July staff will start issuing books through a new Click and Collect scheme at The Core. This will be followed by similar schemes at Chelmsley Wood Library and Shirley Library from Monday 20 July.
Forms will be available online from Monday 29 June for collections from The Core and from Monday 13 July for Chelmsley Wood and Shirley Libraries. Anyone unable to use the online form can place an order by phoning 0121 704 8001. The Home Library service will also restart on 6 July.
- There will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being
- Any cards due to expire before 30 June will be extended so membership will not lapse
- Loans will be extended until 30 September
- Reservations will be temporarily suspended
- Allowing new members online membership to access a full range of online resources and eBooks
- Visit our website for access to E- Audio, books, magazines and newspapers
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages.
1667-1669 High Street
Telephone: 01564 775840
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 10.00am to 5.00pm
Wednesday - Closed
Thursday 10.00am to 6.00pm
Saturday 10.00am to 1.00pm & 1.00pm to 3.00pm*
* From 1.00pm - 3.00pm access is provided by volunteers from The Knowle Society. During this time customers can return, renew and loan library items.
- there is free parking at the rear of the library
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1.30 for half an hour, or £2.60 for an hour
- exhibition area for hire
- audio books
- Black and white/colour photocopying, and scanning facilities available
- you can view an access guide for Knowle library at AccessAble
- Free scanning facilities
- Bumps and Babies rhyme and play - sessions are run fortnightly on a Tuesday beginning 14 January 2020 (term time only) from 2.30pm and are free of charge
- Monday story time - held weekly from 10.30am to 11.00am. Free event, no need to book just come along (term time only)
- Poetry Group - discover the enjoyment there is in reading and discussing poetry. Monthly on a Tuesday; 11.00am - 12.00pm
- Knit and Natter Group - meet monthly on Tuesdays from 10.30am to 11.30am
- Knowle Readers Circle - meet monthly on Fridays 2.15pm
- Knowle self run readers group - meet once a month on Tuesdays 11.00am. New members welcome
- Knowle society - Knowle Society have regular displays in our gallery area and are available each Saturday morning for local history enquiries.
- Scrabble Club - for adults runs weekly on Thursdays from 2.00pm
- Puzzle Corner - join us on a Monday afternoon 2.00pm - 4.00pm for our adults puzzle sessions.
- New adult non fiction readers group - runs monthly on a Monday afternoon. Contact the library on 01564 775 840 for more information