On Friday 20 March, the Government gave additional advice to reduce social interaction between people in order to reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19). In light of this, all Solihull Library sites are now closed to the public until further notice.
We are sorry for this interruption in services and are doing our best to limit the impact this may have on our customers with the following:
- There will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being
- Any cards due to expire before 30 June will be extended so membership will not lapse
- Loans will be extended until 30 June
- Allowing new members online membership to access a full range of online resources and eBooks
- Visit our website for access to E- Audio, books, magazines and newspapers
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages.
Telephone: 01676 522717
Monday and Thursday 10.00am to 6.00pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday - Closed
Saturday 10.00am to 1.00pm
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1.30 for half an hour, or £2.60 for an hour
- audio books
- Black and white/colour photocopying, and scanning facilities available
- you can view an access guide for Meriden library at AccessAble
- Readers’ Café - join our monthly group on a Monday from 10.30am to midday. Everyone is welcome. Have a chat over tea or coffee about a particular subject in books and anything else that’s been going on! Free to attend. Please contact the library for dates
- Reading Zoo - Mondays 2.30pm - 3.00pm. Join us for a story about an animal, then paint a picture of that animal to take home! Suitable for children under 5. Warm water to wash hands is provided, but we recommend wearing clothes it’s okay to get paint on just in case
- Community Surgeries - once a month, representatives from the Parish Council give advice. Please contact staff for dates and times