On Friday 20 March, the Government gave additional advice to reduce social interaction between people in order to reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19). In light of this, all Solihull Library sites are now closed to the public until further notice.
We are sorry for this interruption in services and are doing our best to limit the impact this may have on our customers with the following:
- There will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being
- Any cards due to expire before 30 June will be extended so membership will not lapse
- Loans will be extended until 30 June
- Allowing new members online membership to access a full range of online resources and eBooks
- Visit our website for access to E- Audio, books, magazines and newspapers
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages.
Shirley library is modern, vibrant, and offers a range of services under one roof, supporting learning, reading and digital experiences for the whole community.
How to find us
The library is located at:
Telephone: 0121 704 6300
Vist our Walk in centres page for our Solihull Connect at Shirley opening times.
There are 500+ car park spaces accessed from Haslucks Green Road.
Parking is free for the first 3 hours.
- information and advice about Council services via a Solihull Connect walk-in service (no cash payments for Connect services)
- an exciting Children’s Zone to capture young people’s imagination and provide space for families to spend time together
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1.30 for half an hour, or £2.60 for an hour
- ICT Tuition and Family History Courses
- improved opening hours for the library - opening all day on Wednesdays, so six days per week
- community meeting rooms
- study facilities
- Relaxation Zone for browsing and reading
- public toilets that include a baby changing unit and toilet for people with additional needs
- DVDs and audio books
- Black and white/colour photocopying, scanning and fax facilities available
- Readers Circle - 2nd Monday of the month, 2.00pm - 3.00pm
- Library Poetry Group - 1st Thursday of the month, 10.30am - 12.00pm
- Creative Writing Group - 1st Friday of the month, 10.30am - 12.00pm
- Rhyme Time for babies and toddlers - Tuesdays 10.00am - 10.30am, Wednesdays 2.00pm - 2.30pm and Saturdays 11.00am to 11.30am (term time only)
- Striders and Strollers - alternate Fridays, meet at 10.30am (please ask at the library for dates)
- Recom - IT help for jobseekers, Mondays, 2.30pm - 5.30pm
- Children’s Code Club - for children aged 9-13. Thursdays 5.00pm - 6.00pm during term time. At Code Club you will learn how to make cool games and animations. Places are limited so speak to a member of the library staff or call us on 0121 704 6300 to book a place or join the waiting list.
- Knit and Natter - 2nd Thursday of the month, 2.00pm to 4.00pm. All welcome