The Core Library
All Solihull Library sites remain closed to the public until further notice - with the exception of the new Click and Collect scheme and returning books at the set times below.
Click and Collect
You can now request books for collection through the new Click and Collect scheme at the following libraries:
Anyone unable to use the online form can place an order by phoning 0121 704 8001.
Books borrowed from any library may be returned on Friday afternoons from 2.00pm to 4.00pm at Chelmsley Wood Library, Shirley Library or The Core Library Solihull without an appointment.
While our library sites remain closed we have introduced the following changes:
- Visit our website for access to E- Audio, books, magazines and newspapers
- There will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being
- Any cards due to expire before 30 June have been extended so membership will not lapse
- Loans will be extended until 30 September
- Reservations will be temporarily suspended
- New members now have online membership and can access a full range of online resources and eBooks
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages.
- general enquiries/library reception: 0121 704 6965
- renewals line: 0121 704 8400
- information services: 0121 704 6977
- mobile & home library services: 0121 704 6947
- local history & family history: 0121 704 6977
For a virtual tour of The Core Library visit www.seeinsidetheuk.com.
- the nearest car parks are Church Hill pay & display (free for disabled badge holders) or Touchwood’s underground car park
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1.30 for half an hour, or £2.60 for an hour
- a computer adapted for wheelchair users. A large keyboard, trackable mouse and speech recognition software is also available
- CDs, DVDs and talking books
- language courses
- Black and white/colour photocopying, scanning and fax facilities available
- you can view an access guide for The Core Library at AccessAble
Keep up to date and subscribe to The Core Library.
- Councillor’s Surgery - these are face-to-face meetings held by councillors for local people to raise issues in their area. First and last Saturday of the month, 10.00am-12.00pm
- Rhyme Time - Wednesdays 10.15am to 10.30am, term-time only. A short interactive session for 0-2s that includes finger and action rhymes and songs. Come along and meet up with other parents/carers and discover what the library can offer your child
- Meet and Play - Fridays 10.15am to 11.15am, age 0 - 2 years (term time only. Meet and Play sessions offer the chance for young families to meet up, relax, chat, play, sing or make music together! The session is for families, led by families. Toys and musical instruments are provided. For more information contact 0121 704 6965
- Homework Club - Tuesdays 3.45pm to 5.15pm, term time only
- Silent Reading Cafe - Held once a month on Thursday evenings (September - May) on the ground floor of the Core, Silent Reading Café is a chance to unwind and read any book you like, in a cosy, informal environment without distractions. The Silent Reading Cafe begins at 6.00pm in Encore Café where you can purchase and chat over coffee and cake followed by silent reading in the library between 6.30pm and 7.45pm, it’s the ideal time to reclaim some silent space and relax.
For details on all courses at The Core Library visit The Core Theatre.