The Core Library
On Friday 20 March, the Government gave additional advice to reduce social interaction between people in order to reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19). In light of this, all Solihull Library sites are now closed to the public until further notice.
We are sorry for this interruption in services and are doing our best to limit the impact this may have on our customers with the following:
- There will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being
- Any cards due to expire before 30 June will be extended so membership will not lapse
- Loans will be extended until 30 June
- Allowing new members online membership to access a full range of online resources and eBooks
- Visit our website for access to E- Audio, books, magazines and newspapers
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages.
- general enquiries/library reception: 0121 704 6965
- renewals line: 0121 704 8400
- information services: 0121 704 6977
- mobile & home library services: 0121 704 6947
- local history & family history: 0121 704 6977
For a virtual tour of The Core Library visit www.seeinsidetheuk.com.
- the nearest car parks are Church Hill pay & display (free for disabled badge holders) or Touchwood’s underground car park
- free WiFi access
- 2 hours free computer and internet access for library members (computers are available until 15 minutes before the library closes). Access for non-library members is charged at £1.30 for half an hour, or £2.60 for an hour
- a computer adapted for wheelchair users. A large keyboard, trackable mouse and speech recognition software is also available
- CDs, DVDs and talking books
- language courses
- Black and white/colour photocopying, scanning and fax facilities available
- you can view an access guide for The Core Library at AccessAble
Keep up to date and subscribe to The Core Library.
- Councillor’s Surgery - these are face-to-face meetings held by councillors for local people to raise issues in their area. First and last Saturday of the month, 10.00am-12.00pm
- Booktivity - are you interested in all things about books: art and craft, quizzes and games? Then come along to our activity group for ages 10+. No booking required. Held on the last Thursday of the month, in school holidays only
- Rhyme Time - Wednesdays 10.15am to 10.30am, term-time only. A short interactive session for 0-2s that includes finger and action rhymes and songs. Come along and meet up with other parents/carers and discover what the library can offer your child
- Meet and Play - Fridays 10.15am to 11.15am, age 0 - 2 years (term time only. Meet and Play sessions offer the chance for young families to meet up, relax, chat, play, sing or make music together! The session is for families, led by families. Toys and musical instruments are provided. For more information contact 0121 704 6965
- Story Times - Mondays 2.00pm to 2.30pm, term-time only
- Readers' Circle - last Thursday every other month 10.30am to midday (contact the library on 0121 704 6965)
- Listeners' Circle - Wednesdays every other month 10.30am to 11.30am (contact Sue McCool on 0121 704 6965 for dates)
- Homework Club - Tuesdays 3.45pm to 5.15pm, term time only
- Silent Reading Cafe - Held once a month on Thursday evenings (September - May) on the ground floor of the Core, Silent Reading Café is a chance to unwind and read any book you like, in a cosy, informal environment without distractions. The Silent Reading Cafe begins at 6.00pm in Encore Café where you can purchase and chat over coffee and cake followed by silent reading in the library between 6.30pm and 7.45pm, it’s the ideal time to reclaim some silent space and relax. The next dates will be - Thursday 26 September, Thursday 24 October, Thursday 21 November
For details on all courses at The Core Library visit The Core Theatre.