The Core Library Solihull and four other libraries are now open with safety measures in place.
The community libraries open are:
All other sites are to remain closed to the public until they have been Covid assessed. The safety of our staff and customers is important to us so we are phasing our reopening plans to enable services and sites to be introduced safely during the pandemic.
Services available at libraries that are open
- 30 minute Grab and Go offer for customers to return items, browse and select their own stock
- bookable PC access for up to 45 minutes per session. Limited walk in slots may be available but booking is preferred.
- library joining
- renewal or replacement of library cards
- general Library stock enquiries
- appointments for the heritage and reference services at The Core, bookable three days in advance at email@example.com or 0121 704 6965
Services not available:
- any advice services provided by external organisations
- any group-based activity including reading groups and rhymetimes
- physical newspapers or magazines
- stock ordering or reservation
- inter library loans
- photocopying, printing or scanning
- use of memory sticks.
- access to study spaces or seating (including the first floor of the Core Library)
All visitors are asked to wear a face mask or covering in line with current government guidance
All visitors are asked to provide contact details on entering the site in line with the governments Test and Trace requirements
If you have any questions regarding the library services available please see our FAQ
Click and Collect
You can still request books for collection through our Click and Collect scheme at Shirley library
Anyone unable to use the online form can place an order by phoning 0121 704 8001.
Books borrowed from any library may be returned to any open library, or on Friday afternoons from 2.00pm to 4.00pm at Shirley Library without an appointment.
Libraries from Home
- Join online if you are not already a library member. New members now have online membership and can access a full range of online resources and eBooks
- Visit our 24/7 library page for access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
- Follow our Facebook pages for online storytimes and rhymetimes
- Visit our At Home page for more information on courses and other childrens activities at home
Home Library Service
If you are unable to leave your home or:
- cannot travel to your local library
- cannot carry items to and from the library
- care for someone who is unable to leave their home
then the home library service might be just what you are looking for.
While some library sites remain closed we have introduced the following changes:
- there will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being
- any cards due to expire before 30 June have been extended so membership will not lapse
- loans will be extended until 30 November
- reservations will be temporarily suspended
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages