While all Solihull Libraries will be closed from the evening of Wednesday 4 November for browsing and PC access, the library service will offer the ‘Click and Collect’ service that operated earlier this year, whereby customers can order books online or by telephone to collect at a pre-arranged time from some libraries across the borough.
From Thursday 5 November the following library sites will be offering Click and Collect:
The Library Service is reassuring customers that they don't need to return their library books during lockdown. All fines will be waived so people can keep hold of their books and stay safe at home.
Solihull Libraries will continue to operate their Home Library delivery service for vulnerable customers.
The service is also still very much open online, so you can continue to access:
Libraries from Home
- Join online if you are not already a library member. New members now have online membership and can access a full range of online resources and eBooks
- Visit our 24/7 library page for access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eNewspapers
- Follow our Facebook pages for online storytimes and rhymetimes
- Visit our At Home page for more information on courses and other childrens activities at home
Home Library Service
If you are unable to leave your home or:
- cannot travel to your local library
- cannot carry items to and from the library
- care for someone who is unable to leave their home
then the home library service might be just what you are looking for.
While some library sites remain closed we have introduced the following changes:
- there will be no charges for overdue materials for the time being
- any cards due to expire have been extended so membership will not lapse
- loans have been extended until 31 January 2021
- reservations will be temporarily suspended
If you need to contact the library service please email or call 0121 704 6965.
Follow us and keep up to date with information by visiting our social media pages