What other Independent Travel Training do we offer?
A guide (Passenger Assistant) is someone who sits with the child when they travel in Council provided transport. This training is free for Solihull Council Guides.
We train guides so that they feel equipped in their role as a Guide:
- to develop an awareness of special educational needs and disabilities
- know how to best support young people with additional needs when travelling to and from school
This two-day accredited course equips professionals with the knowledge, skills and confidence to deliver independent travel training to their client group.
- the course consists of theory and practice based training
- the course includes all aspects of travel training, from journey planning and assessing, to road and personal safety
- all candidates will receive a USB with resources for their own use
- on completion of a case study, candidates will receive a Level 2 Open Awards certificate
For more information and to book onto a course please contact the team on: