Children Missing Education (CME) are children of compulsory school age who are not on a school roll, and who are not receiving a suitable education otherwise than being at a school.
- Children whose whereabouts are known but they do not have any educational provision in place.
- Children whose whereabouts are unknown and therefore so is their educational provision.
CME are not:
- Children who are on a school roll. If a child is not attending their registered school or education provider, please contact the school or education provider direct to discuss further.
- Children who are being Educated at Home.
What to do if you are concerned?
If you know or suspect a child is missing from education, please let us know straight away. Checks are routinely carried out before contacting parents or carers, so it is always better to advise us if you are in any doubt.
You can contact the CME and Pupil Tracking team by phone or email, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. By notifying us of your concerns you are helping to ensure the safety and wellbeing of some of the most vulnerable children in our community and your assistance is greatly appreciated.
You can contact us by:
- Calling 0121 704 6663
- Email at email@example.com
Professionals and Agencies
Please select the following link to complete a professionals referral.
If the child you are concerned about is on the roll of your school in Solihull and their whereabouts remain unknown after you have carried out reasonable enquiries, please refer to our local CME policy and complete a CME referral on the following link.
If the child you are concerned about is not on the roll of your school please complete a professional referral.