We offer a number of services which support people to retain or regain skills and confidence to manage being independent again. We call this approach reablement.
Our reablement services can support you with activities of daily living at home in a range of situations including:
- coming out of hospital (Home Discharge Service provided by Nationwide Care Services)
- community referrals including preventing admission to hospital (Early Response Service provided by Universal Care Services)
Reablement can also focus on your longer term wellbeing and address issues such as social isolation and support for unpaid carers.
These services are available seven days a week. We provide the services with our partners to people aged 18 and over who live in Solihull.
What is reablement?
Reablement is short term support which is expected to last less than six weeks. You may need reablement at different times in your life.
It is designed to meet your needs by focussing on your strengths and abilities.
It helps you build up your confidence in doing things for yourself over as quick a period of time as is safely manageable.
We can provide support to people who:
- will benefit from a short programme - this could be by building your confidence to try new ways of doing things you used to do
- have an achievable goal - such as getting out of bed or making a meal by yourself
- need help if you’re struggling to stay independent at home. Reablement isn’t just about helping people who are leaving hospital
What kind of activities are included?
Reablement focuses on what you can do for yourself and sets goals that can be realistically achieved. Goals are usually focused on ordinary day-to-day things such as
- Moving around your home and going out locally
- Making food and drinks
- Personal care – getting washed and dressed
- Managing your home
- Maintaining contact with family, friends and the community
How do I find out more?
You, or someone else on your behalf, can:
- call our Solihull Connect Adult Social Care team on 0121 704 8007 for an initial discussion about your situation
- email us at email@example.com
If you, or a family member, are being discharged from hospital, please be reassured you will automatically have been considered by the hospital social work team for our reablement services
Check the quality of our reablement services
The Care Quality Commission, which is also known as CQC, reviews and inspects health and social care services.
Our in-house Reablement Service has an ongoing overall rating of Good. You can view the inspection report on the CQC website. At the time of the inspection the service was known as the Bluebell Centre.