Every school has a governing body to represent the public in the running of the school.
School governors bring perspectives from ordinary life and work with the staff and us to help secure the best possible education for school children.
School Governors website
Solihull Governor Services now have their very own website.
- promote high standards of educational achievement
- set targets for pupil achievement
- take overall responsibility for the conduct of the school
- manage the school's budget, including numbers of staff and their pay
- make sure that the curriculum is balanced and broadly based, in particular that the National Curriculum and religious education are taught
- report on pupils' achievement in National Curriculum assessments and examination results
- appoint senior staff such as the head teacher and deputies
Become a school governor
Applications to become an LA Governor are made to Solihull Governor Services via Governors for Schools. All other applications should be made direct to the school.
- register with Governors for Schools stating Solihull as your preferred location
- Governor Services will provide you with details to complete online DBS check, if you do not have access to internet a paper form can be provided
- Governor Services will supply a list of current vacancies and liaise with you to arrange a visit to your preferred school
- once DBS clearance is received Governor Services will obtain Local Authority agreement to your appointment
- Governor Services will write to confirm your appointment