Our workforce vision is to:
- Attract, recruit and retain skilled, qualified and experienced staff that share our values and demonstrate our core behaviours
- Provide all staff with clear roles and responsibilities
- Ensure you have regular supervision
- Give teams and individuals rewarding jobs that make a positive difference to adults, children, young people, their families, carers and communities
- Provide all staff with personal development, access to appropriate training for their jobs and line management support to succeed
- Provide an effective leadership development programme and structured induction programme for new and existing managers and future leaders
- Develop a more flexible workforce with good succession and talent management plans
- Provide support and opportunities for staff to maintain their health and wellbeing
- Ensure you have a manageable workload
Why Solihull Council
You can find out more about the Benefits of working for Solihull Council.
And you can find out why Solihull is a great place to live and work.
Learning and development
- Whether you are newly qualified or an experienced professional, our Workforce Development Team will give you all the tools you need to further develop your expertise. We encourage everyone to take part in learning and development opportunities so they can carry out their role effectively.
- Working towards a Practice Learning and Development Hub for social care teams, to continue to enable a supportive environment to give practitioners excellent learning and development pathways for ongoing continuing professional development.
- And in Children’s Services, as part of our Improvement journey we are rolling out best practice training for all practitioners within the service, enhancing the skills and knowledge needed and ensuring a consistent approach to working with families.
Should you wish to discuss our current opportunities, please call Sarah Harris, Principal Social Worker, on 07796 812306 for an informal discussion.
Follow us on