There are occasions when Traffic Regulation Orders prevent all day parking in residential areas. To allow for works to be carried out we can in some circumstances issue a dispensation.
This is a temporary permit that allows a vehicle to park in certain restricted areas. For example, where single or double yellow lines are present.
Prior to issuing a dispensation the parking team will take into account the following:
- time (peak traffic times)
- suitable alternative parking
Applications to park in disabled bays or on school keep clear areas will not be considered.
When should a dispensation be applied for?
An application should be made at least 2 working days before the start of works, this enables us to check your application and, if necessary, inspect the site before approval is provided.
How to apply
Applications for up to 5 days
To apply please call Parking Services on 0121 704 6111. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.00pm.
5 day permits are free of charge.
Applications for over 5 days
Works that are expected to be in excess of 5 days will incur a flat fee of £10 per week, per vehicle. Dispensations will be issued for a maximum of 15 working days.
Terms and conditions
Please note, that at any time a police officer, authorised officer of the Council or equivalent person may withdraw permission of this dispensation and should you refuse to move the vehicle a Penalty Charge Notice may be issued.
Whilst the dispensation is in use Solihull Council does not accept liability for any damage, loss or accident caused to or by this vehicle and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the vehicle is parked in a safe manner and ensuring safety to the public at all times.
Conditions of use
- materials and goods must not be deposited on the footway or carriageway (except to the immediate rear of the vehicle); nor shall they be passed across any part of the footway or carriageway in any manner which may interfere with the safety or pedestrians and/or other vehicles
- the applicant/driver must move the vehicle if so directed by a Police Officer or an employee of the Parking Services Team
- the applicant/driver must park safely at all times and not obstruct access to side roads and/or adjacent premises
It is advisable to allow sufficient time in which to complete your application and to receive a response. The vehicle must be parked in adherence with the parking regulations until a permit has been allocated.