We have joined forces with the national charity Carers UK to offer support to carers in Solihull. The site can be accessed 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Carers in Solihull will have free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week access to the Digital Resource for Carers, an online environment that hosts a range of resources to help carers manage care and caring.
The Digital Resource for Carers includes:
- About Me - building resilience for carers: an e-learning resource that helps carers identify and build networks of support and promotes self-care
- Jointly: a care co-ordination app for people sharing care - among others offers group messaging, task, calendar, medication and contacts management
- The role of good nutrition when caring for someone: an e-learning course that aims to help carers understand the role of nutrition both for themselves as well as the person they are looking after
- Upfront Guide to Caring: a simple assessment tool to guide people new to caring or seeking support for the first time to navigate the Carers UK website
- Looking after someone - Carers Rights Guide: helps carers understand their rights as a carer and where to go for financial or practical help
- Being Heard - a self-advocacy guide for carers: helps carers develop the skills to self-advocate
- links to local information and support for carers in Solihull
To find out more about the Digital Resource for Carers visit www.carersdigital.org and create a new account by using code DGTL2992.
You can also download a Digital Resource poster to scan the bar code and register without a code.
Visit Carers UK to make your caring life better.