Extra care housing offers a new way of supporting you to live independently for as long as you possibly can.
If you are over 55 years old and feel that you can no longer live safely at home, or someone you care for is unable to cope at home, extra care housing may help.
Extra care housing is also known as:
- very sheltered housing
- assisted living
- housing with care
Why choose extra care housing
Extra care housing gives you the privacy and security of a home of your own, with your own front door, together with:
- a range of facilities on the premises
- access to onsite care staff 24 hours a day (you will need to look after yourself for parts of the day)
- support services such as hot meals and personal care 24 hours a day
Supported living services in Solihull
The supported living service in Solihull provides home care, also known as domiciliary care, to you if you are an adult with a learning disability living in your own home.
The service is designed to help you be as independent as you can be, including:
- taking part in your local community
- getting a job and working
- taking supported trips and holidays
- making your own choices
- playing an active part in every part of your life.
Staff are committed and trained to provide care and support and customers, friends, families and carers are encouraged to help get the best results for every individual.
Finding the best extra care housing for you
Schemes are located at:
- Phoenix House - 2 Swallows Meadows, Shirley, Solihull, B90 4PQ
- Trinity Apartments - Parkgate, Shirley, B90 3FE
- Hampton House - 89 Hampton Lane, Solihull, B91 2QD
You can also find extra care housing providers in the Solihull Directory.
If you need advice
If you would like to talk about extra care housing and other housing options with someone face to face, you can visit the Community Information and Advice Hubs.
If you require a social care assessment to support your application please contact us by:
- email email@example.com
- phone 0121 704 8007