When it is necessary for anyone with a disability to leave their own home, it is important to:
- get the best care and support possible
- make the most appropriate choice
- have the right help and support
If you would like to talk about what residential care is available why not visit our Community Advice Hubs.
Our Solihull Connect Adult Social Care team can also provide you with advice:
- email email@example.com
- phone 0121 704 8007
Choosing your residential care
You can find residential homes for disabled people within our Solihull Directory.
Residential care homes and nursing homes are reviewed by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The CQC regularly inspect homes to see how they are performing and compare this to national and local standards.
Council funded residential properties for people with disabilities
Residential care can be provided for people in Solihull with an assessed disability and additional health care needs.
Solihull Council works in partnership with Bromford Housing Group across 12 small homes providing care for up to 4 residents in each home.
Our 12 residential properties for people with learning disabilities in Solihull are:
- 8, 9 Downing Close, Knowle, B93 0QA
- Three Gates, 59 Grove Road, Knowle, B93 0PQ
- 9 Hurst Green Road, Bentley Heath, B93 8AE
- 1 Coppice Close, Cheswick Green, Shirley, B90 4HX
- 268 Creynolds Lane, Shirley, B90 4ET
- 137 Bills Lane, Shirley, B90 2PQ
- 222 Bills Lane, Shirley, B90 2PQ
- 2 Kettlewell Way, Chelmsley Wood, B37 5JD
- 25, 27, 29 Stapleton Drive, Chelmsley Wood, B37 5LQ
Services offered at disabled persons residential properties
We work with the Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust to provide professional and clinical services within our properties.
This allows us to deliver carefully planned services for each customer, that can include:
- disability nurses
- psychiatry and community learning
- speech and language therapy
The partnership also allows us to provide end of life care packages. End of life planning ensures your wishes are listened to over important matters such as:
- palliative care options
- funeral arrangements
- appointing a lasting power of attorney
The cost of residential care in Solihull
What you will pay depends on the type of residential care that's right for you and your finances. If you do have to pay a financial assessment will check that this is affordable.
Healthwatch Solihull is the independent consumer champion for health and social care in Solihull. If you have concerns about a residential or nursing home you can report these to Healthwatch:
- Telephone: 0121 704 7861
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org