You can view and download our key financial documents.
Council Tax Financial Information
Information on Solihull Council’s budget and council tax requirement for the financial year 2022/23 can be found in our Council Tax leaflet.
You can also find information on the 2022/23 budget and spending requirements for the West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner, West Midlands Fire and Rescue Authority and Transport for West Midlands (TfWM), the transport arm of the West Midlands Combined Authority, and how these affect the council tax you pay.
The Medium Term Financial Strategy (MTFS) sets out our approach to medium term financial planning and supports the delivery of the objectives and programmes set out in the Council Plan. It is designed to help provide a stable financial base from which to deliver our priorities, to move towards a more strategic longer term planning approach and to set a sound financial planning framework for Solihull Council.
The Corporate Capital Strategy incorporates our strategy on the flexible use of capital receipts, which sets out how Solihull Council could use any capital receipts from the sale of property, plant or equipment assets to fund the costs of service reform.
The Statement of Accounts
The Council’s 2021/22 Draft Statement of Accounts were presented for approval by the Council’s Governance Committee on 27 July 2022. This document is now subject to audit by the Council’s external auditors, Grant Thornton.
Audit of 2021/22 Accounts - Notice of Delayed Audit
Under section 10 of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, the Council is required to publish our annual Statement of Accounts, Narrative Report, Annual Governance Statement and any audit opinion by 31 July each year. The publishing deadline has been extended for 2021/22 to 30 November 2022.
Under these regulations, the Council is also required to publish a notification if the above documents cannot be published by the 30 November deadline alongside the reasons that it is not possible.
The Council will not be able to publish the above audited documents before this deadline and the reasons for the delay are outlined below:
- there is a national issue surrounding the accounting for infrastructure assets which is the primary reason for the delay in finalising the audit of the accounts. A statutory instrument is expected to be issued by the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities by the end of 2022 which will allow a statutory override to be applied and should enable the audit of infrastructure assets to be completed
- there are elements of Property, Plant and Equipment and the accounting for the acquisition of Mell Square Limited that have not yet been signed off by the auditors but are expected to be complete by the end of 2022
The Council will publish the Statement of Accounts, Narrative Report and Annual Governance Statement as soon as reasonably practicable after the receipt of any report from the auditor which contains the auditor’s final findings from the audit which is issued before the conclusion of the audit. This is expected to be early in 2023.
The 2020/21 Audited Statement of Accounts is also available on this page, but if you would like to see a copy of the Statement of Accounts for any prior years, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email these to you.
The Annual Governance Statement
The Council’s Draft Annual Governance Statement (AGS) for 2021/22 will be presented for approval by the Council’s Governance Committee on 27 July 2022.
The preparation and publication of an Annual Governance Statement is a statutory requirement. The AGS is the formal statement that recognises, records and publishes the Council’s governance arrangements. It is an open and honest self-assessment of Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council’s (SMBC’s) performance across all of its activities, with a clear statement of the actions being taken or required to address areas of concern.
Financial Monitoring Reports
Solihull Council's quarterly financial monitoring reports for revenue and capital can be accessed through the Cabinet Meeting Agendas for individual Cabinets. These are normally presented at a meeting two months following the end of the quarter.
We also publish the following documents from previous years.
Information from earlier years is also available on request, by emailing email@example.com or you can telephone 0121 704 6245.
- Accounting Statement 2018/19
- Accounting Statement 2019/20
- Accounting Statement 2020/21
- Annual Governance Statement 2018/19
- Annual Governance Statement 2019/20
- Annual Governance Statement 2020/21
- Council Tax Financial Information 2021/22
- Medium Term Financial Strategy 2021-22 to 2023-24
- Revenue Strategy 2021-22 to 2023-24
- Corporate Capital Strategy 2021-22 to 2030-31
- Treasury Management Strategy 2021-22 to 2030-31