Council Tax and benefits

Pay your Council Tax, how to apply for benefits and tell us if you're moving.

COVID-19 Response

If you are having financial difficulties as a result of the coronavirus support is available.

If you are out of work, on reduced pay or on a low income, you could be eligible for council tax reduction.

If you are worried about paying your council tax please contact us to discuss how else we can help. We can:

  • spread your council tax payments from 10 to 12 months to reduce your monthly instalments
  • make an arrangement based on your individual circumstances
  • signpost you to other areas of support.

You can contact us by email at