This website is run by Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council.
We are in the process of moving to a new website that will deliver many improvements such as a clearer menu system and content that’s easier to find. We have also updated the code we use and the websites colour scheme to improve accessibility.
We aim to have moved all content from our current website to our new platform by the end of 2020.
This accessibility statement tells you how:
- Accessible this website is
- You can get in touch about an accessibility issue
- We're improving accessibility on our new website
This statement covers our:
- website - https://www.solihull.gov.uk/
- most of our online services - such as forms that contain “eservices.solihull.gov.uk” in the URL and our Customer Portal
It does not cover:
- Externally developed applications that were procured before 2018 - such as our Application for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.