Nature of work
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Teams comprise of:
- Statutory Assessment and Review Team (START)
- Educational Psychology Service
- Specialist Inclusion and Support Service (SISS)
- 0-25 SEND Social Work Team
They provide advice, support and assessments to children and young people with disabilities and their families. These teams contribute to the assessment and, where required, production of an education, health and care plan (EHCP) for those children that require additional support. Teams also provide advice, support and training to schools to enable them to more effectively assist children with additional needs.
All teams have a responsibility to ensure children remain safe. The 0-25 SEND Social Work Team has a specific responsibility to ensure that all children remain safe by working with children within the areas of: Child Protection, Children in Need, Looked After Children – as referred by the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).
Why we need your information
To enable us to provide advice, assessments and interventions to children with SEND and their families; advice and training to school staff in relation to children and young people with SEND. This will also enable us to complete an assessment of whether or not a child or young person requires an education, health and care plan (EHCP).
To ensure that children remain safe and that we respond to safeguarding concerns we receive.
Type/Classes of information processed
Where relevant we process a variety of information relating to individuals including:
- Child/young person personal details
- Family details
- Education details
- Other agency involvement (such as Social Care)
We also process what is referred to as special categories of information that may include data revealing:
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Religious belief
- Relevant health details
- Criminal convictions
- Other legal processes
Who information is processed about
We process information about:
- Child/Young person
Who information may be shared with
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Parent /Carer
- Educational Settings
- Internal services such as Educational Psychology, START, Social Care, Health
- Police (as required)
- Court services (as required)
How long we will keep your information
- Information relating to educational support is kept until the subject is 35 years old.
- Information relating to social care support is kept until the subject is 60 years old.