Nature of work
Domestic abuse has far reaching consequences throughout families, schools, workplaces and communities, often devastating the lives of those affected. Our approach to stopping domestic abuse recognises the need for an integrated and co-ordinated working which focuses on:
- Prevention - Preventing domestic abuse from happening by challenging the attitudes and behaviours which foster it and intervening early where possible to prevent it.
- Provision - Providing accessible and appropriate high quality specialist support for victims and their children who are affected by domestic abuse
- Protection - Developing a 'whole system' response to ensure that those who perpetrate abuse are accountable
- Information sharing is central to effective working but this is undertaken in an appropriate and sensitive way.
Why we need your information
We need your information to ensure that we provide an integrated and co-ordinated service.
Type/Classes of information processed
Where relevant we process a variety of information relating to individuals including:
- Family composition
- Additional vulnerabilities
- Detail of abuse
Who information is processed about
We process information about:
Who information may be shared with
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- West Midlands Police
- South Warwickshire Health Authority (school nursing, health visitors etc.)
- Heart of England Foundation Trust
- Birmingham and Solihull Women’s Aid
- Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health Trust
- National Probation Service
- Community Rehabilitation Company Reducing Re-offending
- Schools and Colleges
- Solihull Integrated Addiction Service
- Across SMBC departments (children social care, adult social care, Early Help)
- Solihull Community Housing and other Registered Social Landlords
- Outside of area where applicable
How long we will keep your information
It will be kept for the minimum period necessary and in line with the legislation.
Information is not transferred overseas.
For further information please see our webpage: