Nature of work
This team fulfils the duties placed on Local Authorities by the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 towards emergency planning and response; these are:
- Assessing the risk of emergencies occurring;
- Putting emergency plans in place;
- Ensuring we have robust business continuity management arrangements;
- Sharing information with other local responders to enhance co-ordination;
- Co-operating with other local responders to enhance coordination and efficiency;
- Providing advice and assistance to businesses and voluntary organisations about business continuity;
- Making information available to the public about civil protection matters, and maintaining arrangements to warn, inform and advise the public in the event of an emergency
Why we need your information
We will collect information about you (where applicable) to:
- Maintain an Out of Hours Emergency Response
- Provide services to the population (both resident and transient) of Solihull during an emergency response
Type/Classes of information processed
In order to provide an emergency response, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about individuals.
This information may include:
- Basic details about you such as name, address, telephone numbers, email address and emergency contacts
- Contact we have had with you, such as at a rest centre or a training event
- Relevant qualifications and skill sets
Who information is processed about
We process information about:
- People impacted by an incident who require the support of the Resilience Team
- Individuals who volunteer to support the Resilience Team in an emergency response
Who information may be shared with
We will not normally share your information with organisations other than our partner organisations without your consent. However, there may be certain circumstances where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations.
Where necessary or required we share information with:
- Fire and Rescue Service
- Ambulance Service
- Health and social care providers
- Other key partners assisting with an emergency response
How long we will keep your information
It will be kept for the minimum period necessary and in line with the legislation.
Information is not transferred overseas.