Civil marriage and partnership venue licence

Approval is needed to hold civil weddings and civil partnerships.


Applications and renewals to licence your premises as a civil partnership and civil marriage venue, (grant of approval), should be made online through the Gov.UK website.

A certificate is issued following inspection of the premises, in accordance with venue licensing conditions. You should read through the guidance notes carefully before submitting your application. 

The approval will be valid for a minimum of 3 years. 

You can apply to renew your grant of approval if it expires in less than a year. 

Throughout the validity period, you can also make changes to your venue licence at Gov.UK. There will be an additional charge for changes made to your licence.


There is a non refundable fee of £2,715.00