If your businesses is reopening and you want to set up an outside seating area you need to apply for a temporary pavement licence.
In order to place any of the following items on the public highways it’s necessary to a have a valid licence.
- trade displays - items such as cut flowers, fruit and vegetables, clothing or other wares
- pavement cafes - areas for consumption of food and drink, usually consisting of tables and chairs
- self-standing 'A' board type signs - boards for advertising goods and services offered by the business
To apply please download the relevant application form:
Before completing your form please read our application policy.
Fees up to 30 April 2021 (Due to COVID-19)
- trade displays £100
- pavement cafes - £100 (If applying for a pavement café under the Highways Act 1980)
- 'A' boards - £10 per month